Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Black Pencils at the NSS


One of the interesting details at the National Stationery Show last week was the abundance of black pencils with jeweled caps. Everywhere you looked booths had them as adornments and sale items. Several booths were dedicated exclusively to black pencils and they also had different types of caps you could buy to adorn the pencil ends if you wanted something other than colored jewels.

Above is one of the jeweled cap pencils I received at one of the booths (as I was drooling over the all-graphite, wood-less pencils on display). This black one with the orange jewel has a soft, smeary lead (possibly a B), and because of that it may not be used much for writing. But I'll find something to do with it, I'm sure. It's really very pretty as is, so I could just keep it on my desk for general admiration.

1 comment: