Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rhodia No. 19 Yellow Lined Notepad


One of my favorite notepads is the Rhodia No. 19 yellow lined pad. It's slightly larger than a regular letter-sized notepad (8.3 x 12.5 vs. 8.5 x 11) which is great for writing and taking lots of notes. But it's really the color of the paper that gives this a unique quality. The No. 19's yellow paper is much brighter than regular "foolscap" and the right margin line is larger as well, giving it a very different look and feel. Above, the pic compares a regular notepad with the Rhodia No. 19. For some reason I couldn't find any legal-sized notepads around, so I grabbed some copy paper for a comparison. Kind of like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, the middle one for me seems "just right."

The pic above left is blurry, but you can still see how much brighter the Rhodia yellow pad is than the Ampad. There's something very crisp and clear about this notepad, and like other Rhodia pads it's made with 80gsm high grade vellum paper. So fountain pen ink doesn't bleed through, though it leaves a shadow. My only thought is that I'd like to see this with a black cover, otherwise it's a perfect notepad.

3 comments:

  1. I bought a yellow 19 pad on a whim and found it as good as you say. The paper is great to write on and the color is soothing for some reason. I never thought I'd like a yellow pad so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, this color makes all the difference. A slightly brighter yellow is just more interesting in a pad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I will try and pick one up.

    ReplyDelete